We had another great meeting with lots of discussion. Here’s a recap for anyone who missed it:
- Katie gave a devotional that introduced our topic of the day – Patience
- There was a wonderful spread of food for everyone to feast on. Yummy! Thank you Group 1!
- Amanda talked about the handouts on Patience that the Steering Team put together and shared a personal story about how patience can be a challenge in a busy house with 3 kids (socks were involved). In fact, patience can be a challenge for any mom.
- We broke out into small groups and discussed the following questions
- What are some early warning signs that your patience is running low?
- When you recognize those signs, what can you do to intentionally practice patience?
- What is one tool you could employ this week to help you practice patience?
- Do you have a mantra (a commonly repeated word or phrase) that you use to help yourself (or your children) practice patience? If no one has one, see if you can come up with one as a group.
- The discussions were going great and I’m sure we could have talked forever, but we had to practice some patience while waiting for the caramel to be ready. Katie did a kitchen demonstration on how to make caramel. She was prepared and already had some caramel and apples ready for tasting while we chatted and watched her demo. Thank you, Katie. We even took home copies of her recipe and a small sample to share (or not share) with the family.
- As usual we closed with our circle time. There were many event announcements, but no “expecting” announcements.
Our handout listed several links to find more inspiration/advice on Patience. They are listed below:
- October 14 – Little Pumpkin Patch Hayride & Bonfire – Family Event, Rain Date is October 15
- E-vite coming soon, please RSVP so we know how many to expect
- Hot Dogs, S’mores, hayride and animals!
- October 21 – Next Meeting
- October 25 – Fall Harvest Play Date at GBUMC, 10 AM – 11:30 AM, e-vite coming soon
- October 30 – Halloween Party & Trunk-or-Treat
- 2 PM – 5 PM (trunk-or-treat @ 4 PM)
- Free party for kids (must be potty trained)
- Party hosted by GBUMC Youth Group
- Trunk-or-Treat hosted by MOPS – Prize for the best trunk! Families welcome!
- Please sign and turn in the MOPPETS Behavior Policy if you haven’t turned it in already
- There are many opportunities to help with MOPS. We need volunteers with devotionals, leading craft activities, hosting play dates, or babysitting while the Steering Team has their planning meetings. Please consider signing up. Sheets are passed around at the meeting or you can contact Amanda.
- If you haven’t had your picture take for the directory, please see Amanda.
Can’t wait to see everyone at the Littlest Pumpkin Patch!