We had a busy meeting. Here’s a recap for anyone who missed it:
- Amber gave a devotional that introduced our topic of the day – Respect
- Breakfast was delicious! Thank you Group 2!
- Susan talked about the handouts on Respect.
- We divided into small groups and rotated between watching the Operation Christmas Child video, making our washer necklace craft and discussing the following questions
- Describe actions that are respectful
- Describe actions that are disrespectful
- What does or would respect look like in your home?
- What is one thing you can do today to show your children you respect others?
- What is one thing you can do today to show your children you have respect for them?
- At our next meeting we will be packing 10 boxes for Operation Christmas Child. We had a sign up for anyone who was interested in donating items for the boxes. (Check your e-mail for a link to the GoogleDoc to sign up or check out what you signed up to bring). Our MOPS group will be paying the shipping fees for the boxes. If anyone would like to donate a box on their own, please bring it to our next meeting on November 4th so it can be dropped off with the others.
- We closed with our circle time. There were many event announcements and even one “expecting” announcement – congratulations Jamie!
Our handout listed several links to find more inspiration/advice on Respect. They are listed below:
- October 25 – Fall Harvest Play Date at GBUMC, 10 AM – 11:30 AM, e-vite coming soon
- October 30 – Halloween Party & Trunk-or-Treat
- 2 PM – 5 PM (trunk-or-treat @ 4 PM)
- Free party for kids (must be potty trained)
- Party hosted by GBUMC Youth Group
- Trunk-or-Treat hosted by MOPS – Prize for the best trunk! Families welcome!
- November 4 – Next Meeting – Operation Christmas Child
- November 14 – Ladies Night Out at Crossroads Village, tickets are $5 at the door
- Please sign and turn in the MOPPETS Behavior Policy if you haven’t turned it in already
- There are many opportunities to help with MOPS. We need volunteers with devotionals, leading craft activities, hosting play dates, or babysitting while the Steering Team has their planning meetings. Please consider signing up. Sheets are passed around at the meeting or you can contact Amanda.