If you need to catch up, here’s what happened:
- As we were starting the meeting, Katie surprised Amanda with flowers and cake for her birthday. She is thankful that there were only 3 lit candles. 🙂 Everyone sang Happy Birthday.
- Amanda introduced our topic of the day – Joy – with a devotional.
- Breakfast was provided by Group 1. Eggs, sausage, fruit, muffins and more – yummy. Thank you! And, we had cake.
- Amanda shared some “You know you’re a mom if…” jokes and talked about the handout on Joy.
- We divided into small groups and discussed the following questions
- How do you celebrate life’s little moments in your family?
- When your sense of humor really needs a pick-me-up, what do you do?
- List 3 things you can do to create a more joyful atmosphere in your family life.
- Send-Off Question: If you could do something to add joy to someone else’s life today, what would you do?
- Then we started the real fun! Making Peppermint Hand Scrub. It was fun and easy. You could give it as a gift. But, it’s so nice, I wonder how many of us kept it for ourselves? I did. 😉
- Katie closed the meeting with our circle time.
Our handout listed a few links to find more inspiration/advice on Joy. They are listed below:
- Define Joy – http://gitzengirl.blogspot.com/2008/11/define-joy.html
- Soaking in Moments – http://beautyinthestorm.blogspot.com/2011/11/soaking-in-moments.html
Be sure to check your e-mail for event evites. It’s important that you RSVP so we know how many people to expect. An event may be canceled if not enough people plan on coming. If you are not receiving evites, please contact Katie to make sure she has your correct address and/or check your Spam folder. We do not send evites for meetings.
- December 6 – MNO Bunco Night, 7 PM
- December 15 – Play Date, 9:30 AM, Cookie Decorating, Story Time
- December 16 – Meeting – Christmas
- December 19 – MNO – Wrapping Party, 7 PM, Bring your gifts, pick a table, spread out, wrap presents and visit
- If you miss a meeting, please check the Welcome table at the next meeting for any missed handouts or crafts.
- Please sign and turn in the MOPPETS Behavior Policy if you haven’t turned it in already
- There are many opportunities to help with MOPS. We need volunteers with devotionals, leading craft activities, hosting play dates, or babysitting while the Steering Team has their planning meetings. Please consider signing up. Sheets are passed around at the meeting or you can contact Amanda.
Hopefully we’ll see you all at Bunco!