Sorry for the late update on our last meeting. Here it is for those of you that missed it – or for those of you anxiously waiting for those links we talked about.
- Katie decked our tables out with beautiful holiday decor. Just look at our tables and centerpieces!
- Amanda started things off by discussing an article she found online about teaching kids the meaning of Christmas (link below). Everyone shared how they incorporate teaching their children about celebrating Jesus’ birth into their family traditions.
- Breakfast was provided by Group 2. Thank you! Katie even setup a hot chocolate station next to the coffee with marshmallows and candy canes. Yum!
- There was plenty of time for relaxing and chatting
- We then kicked off our gift exchange. This year instead of an ornament exchange, we did a gift exchange with gifts under $5. Our group had so many creative ideas for gifts under $5. There was lots of stealing (all in good fun).
- Katie closed the meeting with our circle time.
We didn’t have a handout this time, but we discussed several ideas, books, and websites for teaching children about the meaning of Christmas. Some of the ideas have links that are listed below:
- Teaching Kids the Meaning of Christmas – http://www.more4kids.info/578/the-meaning-of-christmas/
- Christmas Advent Countdown Chains (Activity & Scripture) – http://www.pinfluence.com/2011/11/28/christmas-activity-scripture-countdown-chains-free-printables/
- Advent Storybook 24 Stories to Share Before Christmas by Antonie Schneider, Illustrated by Maja Dusikova found on Amazon.
Be sure to check your e-mail for event evites. It’s important that you RSVP so we know how many people to expect. An event may be canceled if not enough people plan on coming. If you are not receiving evites, please contact Katie to make sure she has your correct address and/or check your Spam folder. We do not send evites for meetings.
- January 6 – Next Meeting – Steering is taking care of the food
- If you miss a meeting, please check the Welcome table at the next meeting for any missed handouts or crafts.
- Please sign and turn in the MOPPETS Behavior Policy if you haven’t turned it in already
- There are many opportunities to help with MOPS. We need volunteers with devotionals, leading craft activities, hosting play dates, or babysitting while the Steering Team has their planning meetings. Please consider signing up. Sheets are passed around at the meeting or you can contact Amanda.
We hope that everyone has a joyous Christmas! See you next year!