Here’s the summary from our last meeting:
- Amanda gave a devotional about how busy moms can make time for God. Links are below.
- Breakfast was provided by Group 2 – very tasty!
- Lynn Manderville, the Christian Education Director from the church was our speaker. She talked to us about prayer. She then had us experience a prayer path with 4 different tables: Praise – we cut out pictures from magazines that depicted God’s wonder and pasted them into a collage. Apologize – we contemplated something that we could improve, something that we need God’s forgiveness, then we placed a rock that represented that something into water, Thanks – using crayons and paper we created a sheet with drawings and/or words that represented things we were thankful for, and last Help – we prayed for God’s help for someone or something or some situation then lit a tea light candle and placed it in sand. We also were able to experience a Prayer Labyrinth. It was amazing! The canvas took up at least half the room.
- Katie closed the meeting with our circle time.
- It’s that time of year again where we are looking for new Steering Team members. If you are interested in a position or would like to know more information about a position, please contact Amanda. We are looking for someone to help schedule speakers (about 5) and we’re looking for someone for Hospitality (or two people could share).
- Our MOPS Volunteer Dinner is coming up. We need to know who needs child care so we can hire enough babysitters. Please let Amanda know if you need childcare if you did not sign up at the meeting.
- Our Mom2Mom Sale was a great success! Thank you to everyone for all of your help and especially to all the sale area leaders who spent so much time organizing their area.
- We’re going to have an extended discussion time at our next meeting. If you have some topics that you could use some advice with, please send an e-mail to Amanda and we’ll make sure it gets added to our list.
- Finding Time for God, 10 Ways a Busy Mom Can Build Her Spiritual Life – this is the one Amanda referenced
- Lil Light O’Mine – A Praying Mom – this is the one with the scripture / child’s hand for prayer
- Girlfriends in God – Daily Devotions plus if you have an iPhone or iPad they have an app so you can get their devotions
- Making Time for God: a mother’s quiet time – some more ideas and a couple of book recommendations
Be sure to check your e-mail for event evites. It’s important that you RSVP so we know how many people to expect. An event may be canceled if not enough people plan on coming. If you are not receiving evites, please contact Katie to make sure she has your correct address and/or check your Spam folder. We do not send evites for meetings.
- April 26th – MNO Starbucks
- May 4th – Meeting – Discussion Groups
- May 8th – Volunteer Dinner
- May 18th – Meeting
- If you miss a meeting, please check the Welcome table at the next meeting for any missed handouts or crafts.
- There are many opportunities to help with MOPS. We need volunteers with devotionals, leading craft activities, hosting play dates, or babysitting while the Steering Team has their planning meetings. Please consider signing up. Sheets are passed around at the meeting or you can contact Amanda.