Here’s the summary from today’s meeting:
- Amanda presented The Lament Psalm of Motherhood devotional from Ordinary Mom, Extraordinary God by Mary E. DeMuth
- Breakfast was provided by the Leadership Team – loved the Flip-Flop Nutter Butters!
- Amanda introduced this year’s Leadership Team, talked briefly about this year’s theme – Plunge, and Elizabeth introduced out Give and Take Table.
- Leadership Team
- Amanda – Coordinator
- Angela – Finance
- Debi – Hospitality
- Elizabeth – Creative Activities
- Susan – Speaker Coordinator
- Leadership Team
- We got up and moving by going to different tables to complete our Passports:
- MOPPETS – we reviewed (or filled in) our MOPPETS registration, signed the Behavior Policy and Susan answered any questions
- Photo – we reviewed (or filled in) our MOPS Registration forms to make sure all contact information was correct and got our photos taken by Debi for our group photo directory
- Finance – stopped by to talk with Angela about our semester dues, paid our MOPS registration fee (if applicable)
- Craft – Elizabeth introduced our craft and we made our Name Tags
- Folders and Food / Cleaning assignments – our folders contained Leadership Team contact information, meeting dates, our group’s policies, theme information, a sheet with food group assignments and group leaders, for Cleaning assignments we will be rotating jobs per meeting and Amanda answered any questions
- Beach Ball Ice Breaker – We tossed a beach ball and answered the questions under our thumb.
- Amanda closed the meeting with announcements and our circle time.
- We all took home some awesome photo frames as our Welcome Gift. Just Look! Don’t worry, if you missed the meeting, you can pick yours up next time. 🙂
Announcements and Upcoming Events
Be sure to check your e-mail for event evites. It’s important that you RSVP so we know how many people to expect. An event may be canceled if not enough people plan on coming. If you are not receiving evites, please contact Debi to make sure she has your correct address and/or check your Spam folder. We do not send evites for meetings.
- Play Date @ Porter’s Orchard in Goodrich
- Monday, Sept 17th @ 10 AM
- We’ll be on the playground (free)
- Mom’s Night Out @ Patty McGees
- 5270 Perry Rd., Grand Blanc
- Wednesday, Sept 26th @ 8:30 PM
- Next Meeting – Sept 21
- Trunk-Or-Treat @ Grand Blanc UMC on Sunday, Oct 28th
- Pumpkin Patch & Bonfire (TBD)
- Tiny Tots
- Faith Lutheran Church hosts a Tiny Tots class for 3 and 4 year olds. The classes are on Wednesdays from 9:30 – 11:30 AM and starts on September 19th. Several MOPS moms have had their children in this class and they really enjoyed it. It costs $35 for the year or $20 per semester. Please contact Faith Lutheran Church to enroll or ask any questions.
- If you miss a meeting, please check the Welcome table at the next meeting for any missed handouts or crafts.
- There are many opportunities to help with MOPS. We need volunteers with devotionals, leading craft activities, and hosting play dates. Please consider signing up. Sheets will be passed around at the meeting or you can contact Amanda.