Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry this is getting posted so late! I wrote this right after our meeting, wanted a photo to add to it and promptly forgot.
Here’s the summary from our last meeting:
- Amanda ‘s devotional started with a description of how crazy her family schedule gets in the fall. She talked about the long to-do list and how eventually she sometimes just gives up (or forgets everything) because she gets overwhelmed. She then shared a blog post that inspired her this week at Finding Joy. The post is called Starting at the Top. Amanda then lead the opening prayer
- Breakfast was provided by Group 2. It was a “Halloween” theme – cider, monster finger cookies and even a puking jack-o-lantern (with a yummy chicken salad) and so much more. Everything was delicious!
- Our very own Debi was our speaker today. She gave us some very valuable Photography Tips. She will make her presentation available via e-mail for anyone who wants a copy or who missed the meeting. She also offered up a Photography Challenge. Now that we’ve learned some valuable tips, go out and take some photos! There are some great opportunities for photos during the next few months: autumn, leaves, Halloween, the holidays, maybe even snow or ice (gasp!). Pick a couple of your favorites and send them to Debi by January 1st. She’ll get them all printed and mounted for our meeting on January 4th. We’ll have a cozy social meeting, maybe with some fun appetizers, and enjoy a Gallery Day to see everyone’s photos. We’ll vote and have fun — and there will be prizes. 🙂
- Then we were off to check out Halloween costumes for our costume exchange. We had 2 tables full of costumes to choose from.
- Amanda closed the meeting with announcements and our circle time.
Announcements and Upcoming Events
Be sure to check your e-mail for event evites. It’s important that you RSVP so we know how many people to expect. An event may be canceled if not enough people plan on coming. If you are not receiving evites, please contact Debi to make sure she has your correct address and/or check your Spam folder. We do not send evites for meetings.
- October 19th – Next Meeting
- Pumpkin Patch & Bonfire on Saturday, Oct 20th
- There will be a hayride, animals to feed, pumpkins to pick out, s’mores, hot dogs and cider, and a bonfire
- It has been a MOPS favorite family event for many years
- All the details will be coming out in an e-vite soon!
- Kids Halloween Party @ Grand Blanc UMC on Sunday, Oct 28th from 3-5 PM
- It is organized and put on by the church youth
- All potty trained kids are welcome
- MOPS Hosts the Trunk-or-Treat event during the party (the last hour)
- Decorate your trunk and hand out candy to the kids, they will trick-or-treat to each trunk
- MOPS gives a prize to the best decorated trunk (kids are the ones that vote)
- Play Date – (TBA) If anyone wants to host, please contact Amanda
- If anyone is interested in planning and leading a craft activity/food demo/etc. please contact Elizabeth
- If you miss a meeting, please check the Welcome table at the next meeting for any missed handouts or crafts.
- There are many opportunities to help with MOPS. We need volunteers with devotionals, leading craft activities, and hosting play dates. Please consider signing up. Sheets will be passed around at the meeting or you can contact Amanda.