Our last meeting:
- Amanda reviewed lots of upcoming dates, read a thankful poem and gave our opening prayer
- Our delicious brunch was provided by Group 1.
- Our speaker was Maria from SavingsMania. She talked about some great ways to find coupons and match up the sales. I think our favorite part was when we received an envelope full of coupons. Maria reviewed each coupon and told us what to buy. We could get approximately $22 worth of items for about $3! Did anyone try it yet? I know Jennifer did! That’s her shopping photo at the top of this post.
- Amanda talked about the Stars for FISH. We are shopping for a family with 2 children this year. All stars have been taken! Thank you! We have such generous moms! If you signed up, bring your wrapped gift with the star attached to our next meeting. We’ll send out a reminder e-mail closer to our next meeting.
- We also talked about our upcoming fundraiser – Gift Wrapping. We’ll have a table at the church’s Holiday Gift Shop to sell tickets for gift wrapping on Sunday, December 2nd. We picked a date to gift wrap – Saturday, December 15th from 4-8 PM. We can stay later to wrap our own gifts too – maybe order out some dinner?
- Amanda reviewed several more announcements – see below.
- Elizabeth closed the meeting prayer and our circle time. There were 2 big announcements from moms – if you want the info, check with someone who was there. 😉
Announcements and Upcoming Events
Be sure to check your e-mail for event evites. It’s important that you RSVP so we know how many people to expect. An event may be canceled if not enough people plan on coming. If you are not receiving evites, please contact Debi to make sure she has your correct address and/or check your Spam folder. We do not send evites for meetings.
- Any borrowed costumes were due back at this meeting. If you forgot, please contact the person you borrowed from and arrange the return.
- MNO – November 27th – Project Night at the Church, 8:30 – ?, Bring something to work on and/or we’ll have something that we could use some help with too.
- Fundraiser – Holiday Gift Shop – Sunday, December 2nd from 8:30 AM – 1 PM. We’ll be selling tickets for Gift Wrapping and great paper baskets for wrapping small gifts.
- Our Next Meeting – Friday, December 7th
- Play Date – Tuesday, December 18th @ Flint Children’s Museum, look for an e-vite from Lisa
- Gift Wrapping Fundraiser & MNO – Saturday, December 15th 4-8 PM, stay later to wrap your own gifts!
- Meeting – Friday, December 21st, Our Holiday Meeting, we’re having a gift exchange – if you would like to participate in the exchange, bring a $5 nice gift (can be homemade), we’re also doing a “show and tell” about family Christmas traditions
- Milkshake Monday on January 7th, location & time to be announced later
- Mom2Mom Sale – Saturday, April 27th, 9 AM – 1 PM – more details soon!
- If you miss a meeting, please check the Welcome table at the next meeting for any missed handouts or crafts.
- There are many opportunities to help with MOPS. We need volunteers with devotionals, leading craft activities, and hosting play dates. Please consider signing up. Sheets will be passed around at the meeting or you can contact Amanda.