At our last meeting:
- Amanda talked about how the holidays bring loads of events, shopping and things to do and how it can be hard on moms. She then read a blog post by Rachel from Finding Joy about Knowing that You Cannot Do It All. This blog has many posts to inspire moms, you should check it out!
- Group 2 provided our breakfast. Their theme was something simple – the holidays can be stressful enough. 🙂
- We brought in our gift donations for our FISH Family and put them by the Christmas tree in the sanctuary. Thank you! We have such generous moms!
- After enjoying our breakfast, we enjoyed 4 different craft stations. All with a craft that could be given as a gift or saved for home. There was a photo ornament, card lantern, Christmas card, and cute gift packaging made from card stock.
- We were so busy enjoying our social and crafting time that we ran out of time. We quickly cleaned up and collected our children. No worries if you missed a craft station. We’re working on a solution to either have time at our next meeting or provide supplies and instructions for finishing at home.
Announcements and Upcoming Events
Be sure to check your e-mail for event evites. It’s important that you RSVP so we know how many people to expect. An event may be canceled if not enough people plan on coming. If you are not receiving evites, please contact Debi to make sure she has your correct address and/or check your Spam folder. We do not send evites for meetings.
- Play Date – Thursday, December 13th @ Flint Children’s Museum, look for an e-vite from Lisa
- Gift Wrapping Fundraiser & MNO – Saturday, December 15th 4-8 PM, stay later to wrap your own gifts!
- Next Meeting – Friday, December 21st, Our Holiday Meeting, we’re having a gift exchange – if you would like to participate in the exchange, bring a $5 nice gift (can be homemade), we’re also doing a “show and tell” about family Christmas traditions
- Meeting – January 4th – Gallery Day. Don’t forget to send Debi your photos by the end of December. There will be voting and prizes!
- Milkshake Monday on January 7th, location & time to be announced later
- Mom2Mom Sale – Saturday, April 27th, 9 AM – 1 PM – more details soon!
- If you miss a meeting, please check the Welcome table at the next meeting for any missed handouts or crafts.
- There are many opportunities to help with MOPS. We need volunteers with devotionals, leading craft activities, and hosting play dates. Please consider signing up. Sheets will be passed around at the meeting or you can contact Amanda.