I think most of us REALLY, REALLY needed a morning out. With the local schools canceled for the week, we would normally cancel our meeting. Luckily, we were able to come up with 3 lovely volunteers for a “Big Kid” room. Thank you Mrs. Lomason, Kaja and Alyssa!!!
Here’s the scoop from our last meeting:
- We sat at a long table instead of our usual round ones – just for a change. The table looked great decorated for Christmas. There were also small gifts at each place for moms to take home.
- Debbie presented a beautiful, heart-warming devotional and then gave our opening prayer
- Group 1 provided our yummy holiday breakfast
- We enjoyed some chat time and discussed our family holiday traditions
- Then we moved right in to our gift exchange. Instead of drawing numbers, we used the number of years we have been married as our number. Stealing was allowed but, you know, we’re all so polite (or the gifts were just that good), that it didn’t happen very much
- It was a relaxing meeting – just what was needed after a busy week with kids before the holiday
- Amanda lead our closing prayer during circle time
Big Kid Room
The big kids enjoyed watching The Polar Express with popcorn and juice. Afterwards, some of them even had time to make a snowman craft. A very nice mom brought them some leftover chocolate cake too.
We love our volunteers! We couldn’t have our meetings without them and our children love them too. Thank you so much for taking care of our children while we have some much needed mom time.
We delivered them a basket of hot cocoa treats for Christmas.
- Meeting – January 4th – Gallery Day. Don’t forget to send Debi your photos by January 2nd. There will be voting and prizes!
- Milkshake Monday on January 7th, location & time to be announced later
- Mom2Mom Sale – Saturday, April 27th, 9 AM – 1 PM – more details soon!
- If you miss a meeting, please check the Welcome table at the next meeting for any missed handouts or crafts.
- There are many opportunities to help with MOPS. We need volunteers with devotionals, leading craft activities, and hosting play dates. Please consider signing up. Sheets will be passed around at the meeting or you can contact Amanda.