Here’s what happened at our last meeting:
- Amanda talked about ways to stay energized as a mom. She referenced this post from The Better Mom blog. We shared other ideas that helps keep us energized too. She then gave an opening prayer.
- We enjoyed our breakfast that was provided by Group 2.
- Susan introduced our speakers Charlotte and Monica from Blue Bird Farm. They talked to us about ingredients in products we eat, clean with and put on our bodies. They talked about different chemicals found in these household items and described what those ingredients can do to us. It sure was an eye opener. They encouraged us to do our own research and read labels. Always try to find the “middle ground” when doing research. Consider the sources. They also gave us a hand out that included a few recipes. They even gave us a sample package of soap nuts to try.
- We discussed our upcoming Mom2Mom sale. There are several areas that need leaders: Set Up (Jennifer), Clean Up (Debi), Advertising, Signs, Sale Day, Concessions (Lisa), Finance (Angela), Rental Coordinator (Amanda). Please think about which area you would like to help with, we’ll need leaders finalized by our next meeting.
- Amanda lead our closing prayer during circle time – lots of prayer requests.
Announcements and Upcoming Events
Be sure to check your e-mail for event evites. It’s important that you RSVP so we know how many people to expect. An event may be canceled if not enough people plan on coming. If you are not receiving evites, please contact Debi to make sure she has your correct address and/or check your Spam folder. We do not send evites for meetings.
- Meeting – February 1st (only 1 meeting in February)
- MNO – Mani/Pedi & Movie Night at Angela’s, 8:30 PM
- Play Date – TBA
- Meeting – March 1st
- Meeting – March 15th
- MNO – Pinterest Party – details coming soon!
- Easter Egg Hunt & Party – April 3rd, more details soon!
- Meeting – April 19th (only 1 meeting in April)
- Mom2Mom Sale – Saturday, April 27th, 9 AM – 1 PM
- If you miss a meeting, please check the Welcome table at the next meeting for any missed handouts or crafts.
- There are many opportunities to help with MOPS. We need volunteers with devotionals, leading craft activities, and hosting play dates. Please consider signing up. Sheets will be passed around at the meeting or you can contact Amanda.